This month, I am pleased to welcome Molly Dolan, chair of AFP Maryland's Mentoring Committee, to talk about mentoring opportunities in our chapter:
“Getting the most out of life isn’t about how much you keep for yourself but how much you pour into others.” – David Stoddard
One of the greatest benefits of membership in the Maryland Chapter is our Mentor Program, which is free to all members. The Mentor Program promotes informal, confidential working relationships between seasoned members of the fundraising profession with 7+ years of experience (mentors) and new or less experienced members (mentees).
Some useful information for those interested in the Mentor Program:
- Interested mentors/mentees may apply online.
- Matches will be made based on the needs of the mentees and the areas of experience/expertise of the mentors.
- Follow AFP Maryland on Facebook and LinkedIn to learn about a new mentoring group that will be forming and access tips and resources.
- Please contact Molly Dolan, Mentor Program Chair, at email@example.com with any questions.
- NOTE: Mentors may apply the time spent mentoring towards the service learning/volunteering portion of the CFRE.
Thank you for your generosity of time, talent and treasure within the fundraising community. We hope you take advantage of this exceptional opportunity for members and join the AFP Maryland Mentor Program today!
All the best,
Tamara W. Zavislan
Thanks to our new and renewing members in May 2017
Mentoring in Action
When asked about the impact of mentoring on their careers, some current mentees of the Mentor Program replied:
“I saw my fundraising toolkit expand in every area. I was working as a one-person development shop when I started mentoring, and since I was a career-changer, I needed mentoring in every area.” -Meg Allen, Senior Development Officer, Maryland SPCA, Inc.
“I have been promoted and am now supervising three teams and can see the path ahead on how to keep raising more for the BCC.” -Kristian Seske, Vice President of Development & Communications at the Board of Child Care
“It is wonderful to know that I have someone I can reach out to when I am stuck on a particular project, and do not know which of several options would be the best.” -Joan D. Drebing, Director of Development at Mother Seton Academy