Call for Presentations
AFP Maryland invites you to share your knowledge, ideas, and experience through participation as a presenter at Fundraising Day in Maryland or one of our other educational programs held throughout the year. Presenting a seminar or workshop is also an excellent opportunity to earn CFRE credits for those seeking CFRE certification.
We are actively seeking presenters and topics for 75-90 minute educational sessions in 2018; presentations may be a stand-alone session or grouped in tracks with similar subjects or target audiences. If you have an existing presentation or a concept for a workshop on one of these subjects or a related topic, you may submit a proposal at any time during the year to AFP Maryland Chapter Administrator, email@example.com.
Proposals for sessions at Fundraising Day in Maryland must be submitted by November 30, 2017 for consideration. Proposals for other educational programs are accepted throughout the year.
AFP Maryland seeks proposals for workshops for development professionals at all stages in their careers on topics including, but not limited to:
Your proposal must include all of the following:
- Your name, contact information, and bio or resume
- Working title of the presentation
- Brief summary or outline of the proposed presentation, including educational goals*
- Target audience’s experience level: beginner 0-3 yrs, intermediate 3+ yrs., advanced 15+ yrs.
- Provide list of any sessions you may have presented previously for AFP or another fundraising–related organization
- Co-presenting: provide the name, contact information, and bio or resume for your co-presenter
*If you don’t have a complete presentation outlined, submit an overview of your concept and education goals so that our committee members may consider your idea.
Please note: AFP Maryland does not pay speaker honorariums or travel expenses. All speakers should provide copies of their handouts to AFP Maryland and session attendees. Consultants must make every effort to co-present with a professional from the nonprofit sector. Sales pitches or distribution of marketing materials during presentations is prohibited.