2017 National Philanthropy Day Awards
Awards Will be Presented at the 2017 National Philanthropy Day Celebration in Maryland, with presenting sponsor: Connelly & Assoc. Fundraising, LLC, on Friday, November 17.
2017 Outstanding Philanthropist and Foundation in Maryland Awards
AFP Maryland is pleased to announce the selection of Mark and Patricia Joseph as 2017 Outstanding Philanthropists and the Kahlert Foundation as the 2017 Outstanding Philanthropic Foundation. We will celebrate these awards at National Philanthropy Day in Maryland on Friday, November 17 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront hotel.
2017 Outstanding Youth Fundraisers
AFP Maryland is pleased to announce the 2017 Outstanding Youth Fundraiser Awardees. These students will be honored at the National Philanthropy Day in Maryland Celebration on November 17.
- Hughie Mohler, student at Loyola Blakefield, for work with Baltimore Squashwise
- Kade Friedlander, student at the Bullis School, for work with The National Center for Children and Families
- Laya Neelakandan, student at the McDonogh School, for work with The World We Want Foundation and Karma for Cara
- Mario Nandalal, student at Harford Day School, for work with We Canserve Foundation
- Matt and Sarah Kilareski, homeschool students, for work with Johns Hopkins' "Sadie's Gift" organization
Criteria used to select the award winners include evidence of quality of leadership and organizational abilities, originality and creative thought of a fundraising project, and how the funds raised within Maryland benefited a non-profit organization or community, locally, nationally or internationally.
2017 Unsung Hero Awards
An Unsung Hero award is the chance to publicly honor those who do so much to enhance philanthropic support in our community who may not otherwise gain recognition. AFP Maryland is delighted to honor the following Unsung Heroes at the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon:
- Kathy Hood, Pathfinders for Autism
- Larry & Katherine Jennings, Loyola University Maryland
- Sheila Mentz, LifeBridge/Kappa Guild
- Allison Benson O'Brien, Living Classrooms Foundation
- Lamar Prillman, New Song Community Learning Center
- Kelli Szczybor, Angel Park
These individuals have demonstrated exceptional commitment in volunteer and fundraising projects in years (or hours) benefiting their chosen charitable organization.
2017 Maryland Business Philanthropy Awards
Every year, the Maryland business community contributes millions of dollars and countless volunteer hours to charitable organizations throughout the state. The Maryland Chamber of Commerce, together with the Baltimore Business Journal, will honor three area businesses or institutions with the Business Philanthropy Award at an event on November 17 at the Baltimore Marriot Waterfront Hotel. The awards are presented as part of the Philanthropy Day luncheon held by the Maryland Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). This is the 16th year that the Maryland Chamber of Commerce has honored the philanthropic efforts of area organizations.
The awards are divided into three categories: Small (employers with 1-100 employees), Medium (employers with 101-500 employees) and Large (employers with over 500 employees). The deadline to submit a nomination is October 2. Download the nomination form